Regulations concerning rentals of Eskus’ spaces (Esitystaiteen keskus ry)
(Suvilahti, Building 6 / Puhdistamo, second floor)
Unless otherwise agreed in the contract, in these regulations or in attachments the agreement follows the law for rentals of business premises (LHVL 482/95). Furthermore the rules and regulations of Suvilahti rental guide will apply:
1. The leaseholder is acquainted with the object for rent and any equipment included, and accepts them in their present condition, unless otherwise agreed.
2. The leaseholder is obliged to care for the object of rental and other areas of Eskus with due respect and make sure the users of the space follow the rules of order for the premises and other regulations concerning the use of spaces and any other ordinance stipulated about maintaining health, security, tidiness or order.
The leaseholder is not allowed to post signs or posters etc. on doors or walls, in windows or other places without permission from the landlord and the housing cooperative.
3. The leaseholder is not allowed to carry out alterations or improvements without permission from the landlord
4. During the time of lease the landlord may commission ordinary repair or alteration works after informing the leaseholder in advance. The landlord may carry out essentially disturbing repair or alteration works after having informed about it two (2) months prior to initiating the works. This restriction does not apply to urgent repairs.
5. Eskus does not compensate for disturbances caused by other leaseholders to the use of the space or its condition. If possible, the leaseholder is provided with another studio in such a case. If the leaseholder needs chairs or tables they can be borrowed from Eskus. No props or other things may be left in the studio between rehearsals, unless otherwise agreed. The studio must be left in its original state after each rehearsal.
6. The studios can be used between 8.00 and 22.00 hours. Short passes are 8-13.30, 13.30-17.30 and 17.30-22. It is not allowed to be in the spaces outside of these times. The keys may not be passed on to a third party. The leaseholder is responsible for costs caused by loss of a key.
7. Rental includes the right to use the shared kitchen and the hall. Eskus’ wifi is available on the premises. It is not allowed to store belongings in the spaces or to leave garbage. The leaseholder is obliged to inform any possible malfunction that may occur concerning the space during the rental. The leaseholder must keep Eskus informed about his/her up-to-date contacts.
8. The release of the space confirms to the expiry date stated in the lease contract and/or Eskus cancellation terms. Cancellation of a reservation must always be submitted by e-mail to Eskus. Upon returning the keys the key deposit will be refunded. The leaseholder is responsible to compensate for necessary repairs and/or clean-ups required by any abnormalities or neglects caused by the leaseholder in the space.
9. Neglecting the conditions for rental entitle Eskus to cancel the lease contract.
Rent is revised yearly in January and August. Penalty interest is determined according to the law LHVL (laki liikehuoneiston vuokrauksesta)